Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Simplicity

No WI-FI.

I have been thinking and thinking (and thinking about thinking) of my "next" blog post... What I'm going to write about, what I'm going to share... and here I am. My mind has gone blank (it does that a lot) and I can't remember what I was going to write about... So... No WI-FI.

We've been struggling (more like suffering) these past few weeks because AT&T cut our WI-FI off. It was a total misunderstanding, but then they told us we might not be able to get it back. (thank goodness, that didn't happen!) So they showed up out of the blue the other day and got it going!

I've been thinking a lot lately (more thinking, I know...) about this situation. When our lives are turned upside down just because we can't get on the internet, or check instagram as often, or even worse, watch netflix, which was truly the worst for me! Then that's a problem. And I think about how much more valuable our lives became when we couldn't do those things. When we actually got things done and put our phones down. It was much more nice than what I thought it would be. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, sometimes we just need to live. Simpler, yet harder. That is what God has been showing me lately.To live simpler. Just say no sometimes. Go outside and just walk around. Have a cup of tea. Get rid of things instead of hoarding them because you "might need them" later.

"Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before. Then people who are not Christians will respect the way you live, and you will not need to depend on others." 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 (NLT)

"A simple life in the Fear-of-God is better than a rich life with a ton of headaches." Proverbs 5:16 (Message)

I love these two verses. They remind me and encourage me to do these things. There are many more to choose from as well, so it's obvious that God wants this for us. It will also help us to focus and rely on Him more and more.

Now: Onward.

It's off to live a simpler life for me. The cousins just got home from school and I've got a pecan pie in the oven. Better go get it out before it burns! Have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment